What is this eBook about?
Disclaimer: This eBook was published in 2013. It's very outdated but people still find a lot of value in it.
Pro jQuery Plugins teaches you how to use and build jQuery plugins the right way. It has some plugin examples for different use-cases, that vary in complexity and functionality.
Nowadays jQuery is ubiquitous in web apps and websites. While this is great, its flexibility has also meant that a lot of developers do not write jQuery in the most appropriate or optimized ways, meaning the best experience possible is not always being presented. This book will teach you how to get the best out of jQuery plugins and build them the right way. Specifically, you will learn:
- How to appropriately and correctly build optimized and future-proof jQuery plugins
- What third-party plugins you can use and why you should
It has insights on:
- How to build a jQuery plugin, properly
- When to build a jQuery plugin
- Core Concepts about jQuery Optimizations
Who this book is for
- Chapter 1: The Essentials of jQuery Plugins
- Chapter 2: A Simple Input Validation Plugin
- Chapter 3: A Simple Tooltip Plugin
- Chapter 4: A Simple Lightbox Plugin
- Chapter 5: A Very Complete Slider Plugin – Part I
- Chapter 6: A Very Complete Slider Plugin – Part II
- Chapter 7: A Timeline Plugin – Part I
- Chapter 8: A Timeline Plugin – Part II
- Chapter 9: Extending Functionality
- Chapter 10: Useful Repeating Plugins
For the Developers, not the novel readers
This book has a lot of code. Many explanations about methods and what certain lines of code mean are in the code samples themselves. All the code is available in a public GitHub repository, and it will stay up-to-date.
The author hates redundancies and filler text, so you can expect a book to-the-point, and with code. Lots of code.
Make no mistake, you are expected to code yourself, to obtain a better experience.